If you're reading this, welcome!
Whether you somehow stumbled across this little corner of the internet or you're someone who knows me in real life, I'm so happy you're here.
I'm Ashley. I'm 25, currently navigating that weird in-between stage of life where you're old enough to be responsible but still feel like you're figuring everything out as you go.
I recently started my career, I'm getting ready to move into my first apartment, I'm always trying a new skincare product, buying more books than I can read, convincing myself one more iced coffee won't hurt, and learning that growing up doesn't happen all at once. It happens in little moments.
That's really what The Girlhood Files is about. Not having all the answers. Not pretending life is perfectly put together. Just documenting this season of life as honestly as I can.
I wanted a place where I could share the things I'm loving, the lessons I'm learning, and the little moments that might otherwise get forgotten. Some posts will be about beauty, books, apartment decorating, a hot take, playlists, or the random things I'm currently obsessed with. Other days, it might just be a life update or something I've been thinking about.
I don't really know exactly what this blog will become yet, and I think that's kind of the point.
Maybe it'll grow with me. Maybe in five years I'll look back at these posts and laugh at who I was.Or maybe I'll remember exactly how this season felt.Either way, I'm glad I'll have it written down.
If there's one thing I hope you take away from this blog, it's that you don't have to wait until your life feels "finished" to enjoy it.
You can celebrate the small wins. Romanticize an ordinary Tuesday. Buy yourself flowers. Take the long way home. Start the hobby.Read the book. Try the recipe. Wear the outfit. Call your friends. Document your life. Because one day, these ordinary moments will become the stories you miss the most.
So here's to girlhood. To growing. To changing. To making mistakes. To celebrating little victories. And to figuring it out one chapter at a time.
Thank you for being here.
I can't wait to fill The Girlhood Files together.
With love,
Ashley ♡
I love this platform for you! I think you are a great writer. You are honest, witty, and sincere. Everything a great blog should be! I will be rooting for you all along the way. My favorite line from your initial blog is this: "Because one day, these ordinary moments will become the stories you miss the most." You nailed it! The good ol' days are happening every day...we just don't always realize it while we're in the thick of it. Keep being brave and amazing sis! I am very proud of you. Love you muches! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete