Tuesday, July 28, 2026

A page from my journal

I was flipping through my journal the other day and landed on a page that I still resonate with. I thought I'd share it here in case one of you feels the same way. 

I realized I've been rushing through life. I get annoyed when something takes too long. It's as if there's a timer I'm constantly trying to beat. The thing about moving so fast is that you don't get to enjoy where you are now. You're always thinking about the next thing instead of the one right in front of you. I want to slow down. I want to sit with where I'm at because I'll never have the opportunity to be in this exact moment again. I want to make meals that aren't just "quick and easy." I want to drive to work and actually notice the scenery I pass every day. I want to take my time doing my makeup while my favorite music plays in the background. I want to be present instead of always rushing toward what's next. I don't want to just live life. I want to experience it. Life isn't a race. You have more time than you think. Rushing doesn't make things happen faster. It just makes you miss the moments that were worth slowing down for.


Ashley ♡

3 comments:

  1. girl... same. I feel like people and ourselves expect to achive imposible goals in just 24 hours. That's why we feel so rushed. How am i supposed to have 3 balanced meals, go to work, do a pilates workout, hit 10.000 steps, read a book, journal and do an everything shower in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wise beyond your years sis! You always have been. The last line is spot on... rushing doesn't give you more accomplishments as much as it gives you regret for not soaking in what you're being given in the moment. Slowing down life is hard, especially in today's society that seems to celebrate "busy", but when you're older and have over half your life to reflect back on, you'll realize you wish you could go back and soak it all in more. I would encourage you to make good on your wishes, make food prep priority, put your phone away as much as possible, sit in nature... the "boring" is the best time preserver you have. And you'll never regret being bored. :) Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete